Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy 101 Award!



Wow. This is cool. Thank you Akannie at Elegant Blessings for this sweet little award!

The rules are to link this award back to Annie, send it on to at least three other bloggers and list 10 things that make me happy.

So I'm passing it on to Garnet, Tammy, Lou, my "twin sister" Technobabe, Susy-the-Undertaker and Ms. Hen because your steady stream of kind words gave me encouragement as I was trying to get this blog up and running and have kept me going ever since. Thank you friends for your kind words and sweet thoughts.

Here are 10 things that make me happy.

1. A sound night's sleep
2. Staying in on a rainy day
3. A good meeting
4. Homemade turkey soup with wild rice and carrots
5. My husband
6. A good book
7. That little click I feel when I've understood something for the first time.
8. Hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream
9. The feeling I get when I've done something well
10. The serenity that comes (at least sometimes) from applying the principles of the program

11 comments:

  1. Thank you............. :) :)

    I love your 10th Things... especially #4.. my ex-dear mother in law.. made the Homemade Turkey soup...

    And Hot apple pie with ice cream.. yummy.. I just put ice cream in my coffee this morning.

    The funny thing is I don't like apples or apple juice........but apple pie.......too YUMMY. :)

    I actually love all your Happy things.

    I'm so glad you added your husband... too many of my friends complain and complain about their husbands which makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I like staying in when it is -4 degrees outside (yikes!)

    And my hubby makes me happy too;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey "sis", thanks for including my little hippie blog with the blogs of distinction. You are a sweetie! I have to tell you that it warms the cackles of my heart every single time I see your butterfly picture. It is just about the prettiest picture I have seen on the blogs. And it means even more to know the story behind it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kathy....your the best. I really needed this today. It made me smile. It might take me awhile to post my 10 things. You are blessing too. Your comments encourage my Spirit.
    Hugs to you my friend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kathy, thanks girl, that was really sweet! : )
    Nice to wake up to on a saturday when I have to go to work.
    I love being cosy inside when it's raining, and eating hot apple pie at the same time would be bliss... Mmm, with loads of cream as well.
    And you are welcome anytime for words of encouragement, although I see it a bit the other way, I come here to get my little 'recovery' fix, sometimes works better than having a sponsor, haha. Yours is often the only blog I take time to read on a regular basis.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog Kathy, and warm congrats on receiving the award! Isn't Akannie truly a wonderful person :)!!! Love your list of happy things... some of them I share as well. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, darling! I will try and reply. Such a pleasure to (sort of) know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of anything I'd rather do after reading your list than eating hot apple pie with cold ice cream on top. Just read the last three blogs. Boy, we're an opinionated bunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well deserved award. I love your list of 10 things that make you happy.

    PG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to you and all the others that were honored!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!
    I love your list - especially number seven. I love that too, but might not have thought to include it, even though it is one of the most important things to me right now.

    ReplyDelete